Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy New Year


Hello and welcome to my very first BLOG - eeeeek!!

I wanted my first blog, to tell you a little about me and my ickle business, so here goes:


I am a proud mum of 2 and will have been married to my hubby 10 years come March of this year.  I began my business in 2010, after completing a Curtain, Blind and Soft Furnishing Course.  I wanted to be a Stay at Home Mum, so I began a long term plan!!




I began making a few items for friends and family in between nap times and playgroup runs, and then once my youngest began afternoon Nursery I began promoting my work more.





Over the past 2 years, my business has evolved into creating beautiful Keepsake Treasures.  It has helped me to grow from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier.


I began by showcasing my work on my Facebook Page and as my children grew and begun school they inevitably started to go to parties, which got my creative juices flowing :) I designed and made a couple of Tooth Fairy Cushions for a friends 2 children, which lead to an order.






I have since created other designs and began to make Keepsake Memory Cushions and Quilts, made from outgrown pre-loved clothing.


Last year saw my little Facebook Page grow larger and quicker than I could ever have imagined.  My youngest had started in Full Time school, so I began to plough as much energy as I could into it.

My products and designs started to evolve and when a current customer asked if I was able to design and make a bunny for her, I stepped up to the challenge, and Little Bunny Keepsake was born and became one of my best sellers.

Having previously worked as and when commissions came in, I have now had to create a waiting list, which currently is approximately 3 months long!

As of 2014, I have decided to concentrate mainly on my Personalised Keepsake items and not so much on Curtains and Blinds.  My aim is to continue working through custom orders, and also to create some 'Ready -Made' items too, which I will list in my Etsy Shop.


I hope you have enjoyed your read, and will join me again soon.
Next time I will tell you a little about my Learn to Sew Workshops, and add some Sewing Tips along the way.

Many thanks for reading

Michelle xx





No comments:

Post a Comment