Saturday 1 March 2014

Just a little gift




So I decided this week that a fellow Facebook Page owner, deserved a little gift.  She has been incredible support for me and my little business, and as a little thank you.  I thought I would make her a little gift

 I put pencil to paper and began to sketch, then once I was happy, I transferred the picture onto fabric






Next was the fun part.  I got out all of my scraps of fabrics and chose the dress fabrics (this took quite a while as clothing does - you girls must understand hehe) and I also have many scraps and get easily distracted with - oh I could make this with that etc - but it is fun x

Once the fabrics, ribbons and embroidery silks had been chosen, I placed the fabric onto a hoop and began to appliqué and embroider, taking much pleasure and care in each and every stitch.

The result was a picture, box framed for someone who has become a friend





Friends for Keeps


https://www.facebook.com/MichelleCorbinDesign?ref=hl

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just could not believe it when this beautiful gift arrived from Michelle. I know how long it must have taken to hand embroider and hand applique every precise stitch! I can quite honestly say that this is the most thoughtful and amazing gift I have ever received! Thank you so much, it will have pride of place in my home and I will treasure it always xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw hunni, it was my pleasure, and you desreved the time and a little surprise :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete