Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Wedding Couple


Well it's been a very busy few weeks here at MCD HQ!

The bathroom is now completed (post about that to follow)

So what have I been up to I here you asking??   Well I enrolled on a business course via

I took this leap mainly because I knew I needed to update some of my format for 
Michelle Corbin Design, as I want to be able to provide my customers with the best service that I possibly can.  It really is giving me food for thought, encouraging me to spend more time on my little Cottage Industry, rather than just in it sewing away!!

By doing the course I am achieving more of my short term targets (daily lists) more efficiently.  Focussing on what I need to do first!
I've completed some lovely bespoke commissions, and continued on with a large Keepsake commission.  Little and often for that job, but it's coming along nicely ;)


One job I have been working on, is updating my website and Etsy Shop.  They are both still work in progress, and probably always will be, but this brings me on to: 

The Wedding Couple
This happy couple are my newest design and make, and I have just listed them as a pair.

£70.00 + £5.00 UK postage




Having received the stunning Vintage Upholstery Fabric from 

FabricCentric, I decided that I must make something really special with it.  The quality is wonderful, and instantly I was inspired.

First I made 2 Keepsake Bunnies: one with fixed arms and legs, and one that was button jointed.


Fixed Bunny - Sold
Button Jointed Bunny - Sold
Then came The Wedding Couple 

Having a sweet little kiss xx

The bears have been button jointed and created with the beautiful vintage fabric.  The boy is wearing a little waistcoat and dicky bow, whilst the girl wears a tulle veil, with ribbon and button detail.  She also carries a small bouquet.

I have to say, that this pair is my favourite keepsake to date, and I actually am tempted to keep them, as I am super proud how they turned out.
 However, I think they would make the perfect Keepsake gift for a Bride and Groom on their Wedding Day.

What have you been making lately?  I'd love to see!

 And this is me, maker of all things to treasure, from Keepsake items, to Soft Furnishings

Thank you for reading
Happy Stitching
Michelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment