Monday 19 July 2021

Let's Stitch our Tree - Week 2!!

 


Hello beautiful people - Happy Monday!

Welcome to week 2 of our Mini Stitch by Stitch Sew Along.

If you are just joining us, click on the bold letters above and it will take you to the first Blog in this Series, where I tell you all about it!


So this week. we are begining to stitch our Tree

As I explained last week, you have 4 options in which you can choose to stitch your Tree Base.

I decided to do 2 examples, which are perfect to show you options.  Below, I have chosen the slow stitching method, which is explained in your instructions, so this one will be purely Hand Embroidery.  I have however deviated from the pattern outline a little and added my own branches and move a few - because, well I could - and you can too!
I'm still stitching my outline at the moment and next I will be stitching the long and short stitches, varying my colour shades to add the depth and texture to the Tree Trunk and Branches.  To see this in progress, keep an eye on my Instagram as I will be sharing some photos and videos there.


For the next Tree Example, I chose to be more creative, starting by painting the fabric first - the background and the Tree.  (I've used a heavier canvas fabric this time and I will show more next week) 
I have started to fill in the details of the Tree Base, using Free-Motion Machine Embroidery, I wanted to add more depth and texture, to show you a different element to that can be produced by design, therefore showing you how you can add more interest to the basic pattern enabling you to be as creative as you like.  There will be more progress on my Instagram this week.
I'm going to still use French Knots for the Blossom, as I really love sewing French Knots.

That's all for this week lovely people, I have shown you my progress, now show me yours.  Use the hashtag #stitchbystitchsewalong when you post on Social Media and don't forget to tag me @michellecorbindesign and I will check back here next week with our 3rd and Final Week.

Now 'sew' forth and create Happy Stitches!!

Michelle xx




No comments:

Post a Comment